Hello, 500 Building Families!
Mrs. Rothermel and I can hardly believe it is the end of May and the school year is winding down. Teachers are keeping the “pedal to the metal” in their classrooms and our students are working hard to finish the year strong.
I really enjoyed seeing the different activities in 5th Grade English Language Arts classrooms, centering on identifying different character perspectives in fractured fairy tales. In 6th Grade Science, many classrooms are finishing up their work with different ecosystems and what makes them livable space for different organisms. The ecosystem projects coming into the building have been excellent.
I also wanted to point out what a wonderful job our elementary drama students did for their production of Willy Wonka, as well as the excellent job our student musicians did at the Spring Concert. It was great to see so many students participating in these activities throughout the school year, and I can’t wait to see what next school year brings in these areas.
Please keep your eyes on the Newsletter for important announcements. Things really pick up around campus at this time of year and there will be many opportunities for families to get into the building for fun activities and events as we move towards the end of trimester three.
We are eager to highlight a few upcoming 500 Building events and activities:
- Our final Coffee Chat of the 2017-2018 school year will take place on Wednesday, May 30 at 2:30. Please book your spot by emailing Mrs. Jerilyn Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students will be wrapping up their final Math and ELA benchmarks over these next two weeks. We appreciate all of their hard work this year!
- Field Day is scheduled for Friday, June 1, 2018. Please be sure students come to school with sunscreen, water, and a great attitude for a fun day in the sun. If the weather does not cooperate, our Field Day rain date is Friday, June 8, 2018.
- Students will be wrapping up their final STEAM project of the year over these last few weeks. As their “chairs” are being developed, STEAM groups are working on marketing and advertising for their design as a part of our Career Readiness initiative.
- Our 5th Grade Picnic will take place here on the 500 building grounds on Monday, June 11th. More information will be shared by you child’s teacher.
- The 6th grade picnic will take place at Miller Park on Wednesday, June 13th. More information will be shared by you child’s teacher.
- Our 6th Grade Moving Up Ceremony will be split between two days, June 14th and 15th in the 515 Auditorium. This year, we split the event due to the large number of students moving into 7th grade. Be on the lookout for information from your child’s teacher concerning this event, and keep reading the weekly CCS Newsletter as well.
To make sure you are truly staying up-to-date, please keep checking the CCS Family Calendar, as well as reading the CCS Newsletter. Thank you all for your commitment to Collegium and your support of our 500 Building.
Your Partners in Education,
Grades 5 & 6
500 James Hance Court
Exton, PA 19341
Phone: 610-903-1300, ext. 6106
Office Hours: 7:30am to 6pm
Academic Day: 8:15am to 3:45pm
Summer Hours: Closed, the 435 Building is open in the Summer.
Uniform Resale Shop: The CCS Uniform Resale Shop, located in the 500 Building, is open from 9:00am-3:00pm and from 4:00-6:00pm on school days.