Hello, 500 Building Families, and happy Spring!
Mrs. Rothermel and I have been busy getting into classrooms and preparing the building for the upcoming PSSAs. Students are working very hard for their teachers, and we are excited for them to get the opportunity to show what they know.
In recent weeks, we have seen some awesome things in our classrooms. In 6th Grade, we have recently witnessed a few outstanding Reader’s Workshop lessons and all classes are preparing for the upcoming Heritage Fair on Friday, March 23rd. In 5th Grade classrooms, we are pleased to see the students utilizing Eureka Math strategies at a high level, and teachers are thinking outside the box to boost lesson activities in science classes.
Please keep your eyes on the Newsletter for important announcements. Things really pick up around campus at this time of year and there will be many opportunities for families to get into the building for fun activities and events as we move through trimester three.
We are eager to highlight a few upcoming 500 Building events and activities:
- On Friday, March 23rd our 6th Grade students will be presenting at our annual Heritage Fair. Students have been researching their cultural backgrounds and will get to celebrate their diversity at the fair.
- During the week of April 3rd, students will continue working on our new STEAM project. Be on the lookout for photos and updates to be shared in the near future.
- Our next Coffee Chat is on April 25th, 2018 from 9:00am-10:00am. Please contact Mrs. Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your seat for this Coffee Chat.
- 6th Grade students have worked with our middle school guidance counselors, Mr. Pete Danenhower and Ms. Jasmine Woodson along with the Principal, Mr. Ted Sterious to start the scheduling process for next school year. These lessons occurred during Technology class and students got their first chance to work within PowerSchool.
- Our limited edition ROAR t-shirts have been released and they look greeeeaaaat! A huge shout out to Ms. Thomas for working with our students and the printing company to make this happen. The designs on the shirts were created by N. Tapealava-Watson and W. Steiger. Awesome job to all who participated!
- Students are currently creating 500 ROAR songs in music classes with Ms. Urbas. Much like the T-shirt contest, songs will be presented to the student body and voted on to identify the “500 ROAR Song of the Year!”
To make sure you are truly staying up-to-date, please keep checking the CCS Family Calendar, as well as reading the CCS Newsletter. Thank you all for your commitment to Collegium and your support of our 500 Building.
Your Partners in Education,
Grades 5 & 6
500 James Hance Court
Exton, PA 19341
Phone: 610-903-1300, ext. 6106
Office Hours: 7:30am to 6pm
Academic Day: 8:15am to 3:45pm
Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Uniform Resale Shop: The CCS Uniform Resale Shop, located in the 500 Building, is open from 9am-3pm and from 4:00-6pm on school days and from 9am-3pm, Monday–Thursday during summer break.